The best colour in the whole world is the one that looks good on you. — Coco Chanel
What to do when stores don't sell your colours? If stores are not selling garments and accessories in your desired colour palette, you may want to consider the following options:
1. Look for alternative retailers. Try searching for stores that specialise in the colours you prefer. You may find more options online or in specialty shops. For example some stores specialise in brighter, bold colours such as Gorman. You will find more muted soft or natural colours in surf shops such as City Beach. Light, bright and feminine colours in stores like Mombassa Rose
These stores are just a few examples and once you look around at different stores and brands you will see that many do have their own standard colour lines. Take a look at Tommy Hilfiger for example mainly carrying neutrals and primary colours
2. Consider customising your own colour ensemble. If you can't find the colours you want in stores, consider customising outfits by adding layers in your colours. Jackets and outer layers can be your colours with another colour underneath to complement the outer layer. Pre-Loved clothing stores are a great way to do this as you can often find an item in your colours to mix and match. It is an inexpensive way to experiment with this, See the article here on pre-loved shopping.
3. Create your own unique style and colour combinations. If you have the skills and resources, you can make your own garments in the colours you want. This can be a fun and creative project, and it allows you to have complete control over the colour palette. If you don't sew try taking your favourite styles to a dressmaker to copy in your colours. They will advise how much fabric is required. If it is for a special occasion or big event fabric stores like Fabric Collection have a huge array of material. You may be surprised at how cost effective it is to have something made especially for you.
4. Start a trend. If you can't find garments in the colours you want, why not be creative and start a trend? Share your ideas and enthusiasm for your personal colours with others. The retail stores follow fashion and trends which start with companies like Pantone announcing the latest colours for the year and colours or for the new season. This can take a while to filter out to the stores as the designers have to create the new styles for the fashion runways and then the wholesalers sell to the stores. This is all the more reason why it is better to know your own personal colour palette and base your wardrobe around this. Moana can advise you on colour and style and show you how to use your personal colour swatch to choose clothing.
5. Be patient. Colour trends change over time, and it may simply be that your desired colour palette is not popular at the moment. Be patient and keep an eye out for new products in the colours you want. You will have your favourites from your colour swatch if you have had your colours done and they may or may not be your signature colours. If you do have signature colours or favourites which you wear a lot then when the stores stock your colours you are ahead of the game!
Moana Robinson The Sassy Stylist from B Styled for Life can help you with Colour and Style challenges including suggestions for clothing and accessories for your lifestyle, body shape and body proportions. Contact Moana today to enquire about booking a session either online or in person.
Shopshare Advice for You
B Styled for Life offers styling techniques for all body shapes and proportions. If you are looking for clothing to complete your wardrobe Moana can assist. Shopshare videos also contain styling tips.
If we feel good, we look good, and if we look, good we feel good.
What is your Style Personality quiz saves you time to discover or confirm your natural fashion style. As a result, you will enjoy every aspect of your image and personal styling. During the session, you will always feel comfortable in what you are wearing if you dress according to your own style.
Being the best you can be for your age is the healthy way to be. Look congruent with yourself! Get more benefits.
Achieve your Best Version
- Enrolment is now OPEN at bstyledforlife.teachable.com
- B Stunning Course- This course covers so many aspects including style, colour, body shape, face shapes, style personality, confidence, life challenges, motivation…. healthy living and so much more!!! Support and online consultation are available.
- The Step Up to Style course- This course covers all aspects of colour and style. The best colours for you depends on your skin tone, eye, and hair colour. It also enfolds the essential visual elements like the face and body shape. Look your best in 21 days!!! It includes Moana's Amazon's best-selling book, "Living with Sass and Style over 50". Plus, you can book a 30-minute online consultation with Moana for free
- There is more on the "Shop" page, click this link.
- And you will love her book collection.
- Look for available Promotions and Events here.
Elegant Style Personality. You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet. —Christian Dior
If you are the type of person who loves to wear garments made from high-quality fabric which glides over your body and flows as you walk you might have an Elegant Style Personality. This style personality has cultured and refined tastes.
The Power of Impression
Items with elegance are timeless and will leave a fabulous impression. Examples of elegant garments can be seen on Moana's ShopShare TV Channel. For instance the Pink Arlette Silk Pants and the Rebel Wilson Ruffle Front Criss Cross Dress look fabulous. The elegant style personality has high-quality taste and is traditionally stylish.